You could say that Golden Gate is a green oasis in the city. On top of that, you’ll find some amazing spots. In my opinion most interesting are:
- Japanese Tea Garden
This oldest public Japanese garden in the United States is surrounded by a wall and the entry is to be paid. Regular ticket costs 9$. It’s not cheap but absolutely worth it. All the necessary info you can find here.
This garden is truly beautiful. You can find Buddha statues, zen garden and lovely souvenirs shop where I’ve spent more $ I would like… 🙂
- California Academy of Sciences
One of the oldest natural history museums in the world. Academy was founded in XIX century and research is conducted here till this day. What’s interesting, on their website you can find live videos from the archives 24/7.
- Botanical Garden / Strybing Arboretum
Fantastic place where you can find a different kind of plant species. On their website, you can watch the video covering some secrets of this place.
What’s more, Golden Gate Park offers also:
- football fields, basketball, cricket and tennis courts
- lakes, where you can swim with a rented boat
- picnic and barbecue space
- Shakespeare’s Garden
- and so much more! I would suggest spending the whole day here if only you have time. I would visit this place again for sure!
Brought to you by: Przemyslaw