Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooks in: 20 minutes
Difficulty: Not too tricky!
- big aubergine
- 3 small cloves of garlic
- ½ of a bunch of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 x 400 g tin of plum tomatoes
- half of pack of spaghetti pasta
- 25 g of grana padano
1. Finely slice the garlic.
2. Chop the aubergines into rough 2cm chunks. Place into a bawl, sprinkle with salt to draw out the moisture, then set aside for around 20 minutes.
3. Rinse the aubergine and pat dry with kitchen paper, then place into a bowl again with the oregano, chilli flakes, a splash of olive oil and black pepper. Toss together well.
4. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan.
5. Fry the aubergine for about 5-8 minutes stirring from time to time. Add another splash of olive oil, followed by the garlic and capers then cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden.
6. Add tomatoes, turn down the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. In the meantime cook your pasta al dente. Drain the spaghetti, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
8. Grate the cheese.
9. Add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss well, adding an extra splash of the reserved cooking water to loosen, if needed. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
10. Serve on your favourite plate or in the bawl.
Voila! ♥ Enjoy 🙂
Brought to you by: Julia & Przemyslaw